9 Essential Face Packs for Skin Whitening
Pigmentation marks on the face is considered by many as a problem because it can be unsightly. The causes of this skin disorder include the body’s too much or too little production of melanin, sun damage, drug reactions and genetic factors.
Melanin is the primary determinant of skin color, so its abnormal production will really affect the skin color.There is many available treatment options if you want to rid your face of these unsightly pigmentation marks. There are cosmetic procedures, including glycolic acid peels, and the use of topical steroid creams is also suggested.
But, the cosmetic option is quite expensive and painful as well, while we cannot be sure about skin creams because some may contain ingredients that can harm our skin, instead of treating it. Some of the ingredients that have been found to be harmful include hydroquinone and alpha-hydroxy.
Hydroquinone, which is commonly used as a fragrance ingredient and an antioxidant, receives the highest hazard score of 10 in the Cosmetic Safety Database because it has been found in some studies to be a human immune system toxicant.
So, it is important for you to do your own research about skin care products before buying one to ensure that you will not be buying the wrong product that may aggravate your skin problem instead of treating it.
Fortunately, to achieve an even skin tone by getting rid of pigmentation marks on the face; you can use a natural whitening cream that boasts potent natural ingredients.
One of these is an extract of Extrapone Nutgrass, which is capable of naturally inhibiting melanin by about 40% based on results from clinical trials. It has also been found to contain anti-aging properties and to reduce freckles.
Another is a bioactive keratin that helps in stimulating the regrowth of the skin proteins collagen and elastin to keep your skin firm and elastic. Although this does not directly address the skin pigmentation problem, it can help in keeping the skin healthy and younger-looking. Additionally, it effectively moisturizes the skin because of its ability to deeply penetrate the skin.
There are also natural oils and extracts that can aid the skin in treating pigmentation and other problems on the face, which include Maracuja, Babassu and Grapeseed Oil. These ingredients are capable of moisturizing the face and giving it radiance.
9 Economic Face whitening recipes that smart women should learn
1. Cucumber Face Mask Make a paste by mixing one small cucumber and one cup of oatmeal. Mix one tsp of this paste with one tsp of yogurt (for oily skin) or milk malai (for dry skin) and leave for 30 minutes and then rinse.
2. Turmeric Facial Mask This is the traditional mask, also used for a bride, seven days in advance of marriage.
Take in a cup half a cup of besan (gram flour), 2 tsp of turmeric powder, 2 tsp of sandal wood powder, 2 tsp of ghee or almond oil, add some water to make a paste. Apply to face and whole body and leave for 5-10 minutes. Rub with pressure with both palms and fingers to remove all the paste.
3. Honey Facial Mask Rinse your face with warm water to open up the pores. Apply honey and leave for half an hour. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water to close the pores.
4. Oily Skin Mask Mix 1 tsp brewer’s yeast with plain yogurt to make a thin mixture. Apply it thoroughly into all the oily areas and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water.
5. Dry Skin Mask Mix 1 tsp of butter in 1 tsp of water. Apply it thoroughly into all the dry areas and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with cold water,
Mash 1/4 banana until very creamy and apply on face and leave for 15-20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water.
6. Avocado Facial Mask Mash the meat of the avocado into a creamy texture. Apply it thoroughly on face and leave for 15 – 20 minutes. Rinse with warm water, then use cold water.
7. Oatmeal Facial Mask Take 2 tsp oatmeal and 1 tsp baking soda and add water to make paste. Apply to face and all over the skin and rub gently.
8. Lemon Facial Mask Squeeze half a lemon and mix the juice with one beaten egg white. Apply on your face and leave for overnight. Wash your face with warm water.
9. Clay Facial Choose the right clay for your skin type. Add plain water or floral waters or try wetting agents such as fruit purees. Make a thick paste of the clay. Apply the mask to your skin and let it dry for 20 minutes. Rinse well with warm water and pat dry. Repeat weekly.
Read our Related Articles : Home Remedies for skin pigmentation