Murungai Keerai Poriyal Recipe
Murungai Keerai Poriyal is also one of the best herb which is used for the treatment of the different diseases. Murungai Keerai Poriyal is also known as Drumstick Curry Leaves in English. There are many diseases which will be recovered with the use of Murungai Keerai Poriyal. The leaves of this herb can be used in the food also and also mix with the food. This kind of herbs can be taken for daily basis to help from different diseases.
Drumstick spinach is fully overloaded with iron. Iron in vegetarian food wants vitamin C to get engaged. Drinking a cup of lemon water before having your spinach food, helps to absorb iron. Murunagai Keerai Poriyal or drumstick leaves stir fry is fit, vegetarian and fast stir fry or poriyal recipe made with smallest ingredients and makes good side dish with rice sambar, kuzhambu or dal. Or even with hot blistering rice with slight ghee and this keerai poriyal is wonderful combo. The only boring part in this recipe is to dirt free the leaves/keerai which takes little time but it’s all worth it in the end.
Murungai Keerai (Drumstick Leaves) are green leafy vegetables which contains protein. the drumstick leaves are rich in Vitamin A, B-Complex and many extra minerals. It should be there in our regular diet. Murungai Keerai Poriyal is a tasty side dish and goes well with any kuzhambu varieties .
Prep and cooking Time: below 40 Mins
Cuisine : South Indian serves : 2
Preparation of Murungai Keerai Poriyal– This is very easy to prepare. This will be used directly in the food as this is very useful for the human being. Some of the people mix this leaf in the food also to increase the decoration of the food. If we talk about the recipe of the Murungai Keerai Poriyal then it is like that;
1. Take two cups of drumstick leaves.
2. Take two tablespoons of the moong dal.
3. Take 1 onion which was finely chopped.
4. Take a few green chilly.
5. Take 2 tablespoon coconut powder.
6. Use salt to taste.
7. 2 tablespoons oil.
8. Half tsp mustard seeds.
9. Half tsp urad dal
These are the things which are used in the preparation of the Murungai Keerai Poriyal. Now we are going to discuss the method of preparing the dish and that is;
10. Remove the leaves from the stalks and wash in water and put in a bowl.
11. The second step is to heat the oil in kadai and mix mustard seeds and urad dall in it.
12. next step is to add moong dal in it and wait for some to get roasted that moong dal. Now add green chilly and chopped onion in it and wait for some time to see it turns into a brownish color. Now add drumstick leaves in it and mix it.
13. Now add some salt in it and water and mix again. Now, cover the kadai with plate an for some time.
14. When the recipe is done, add coconut powder in it and mix it. Now the recipe is ready to serve.