Ayurvedic Home Remedies for Dry Cough
When you get a cold or a dry cough what would you generally prefer? A homemade remedy or those medicines your doctor gave? According to many elders, it is the home made remedy that you should go for as it is even healthy and does have very less side effects. Probably dry cough is something that happens quite often as we are constantly exposed to the pollution and the bad air. I can make you aware of a few ayurvedic home remedies dry cough .
- You should drink warm water only and gargle with some slat in the water in short breaks; it soothes your throat and gives you a relief.
- Aloe Vera juice is also said to have medicinal properties. It can be had with water to make its healing properties work.
- Honey can be mixed with lemon and be consumed with luke warm water to help you with your cough.
- Garlic paste can be taken mixed with honey to enhance the taste also.
- Chewing on ginger roots is one of the best remedy that takes immense effect.
- You can add a bit of turmeric powder which is known as Haldi in a cup of milk and drink twice a day.
- Warm hot soups with ginger, onions and other remedies is an age old remedy used by your own grandmother.
When the symptoms of a cold, influenza, or cough appear, it indicates that there is waste matter and mucus in your system hampering a healthy and clear breathing. With intake of codeine doctors say that it is the most effective one. It does not only stop coughing but also reduces the level of bronchial irritation and lessen pain; its use is regulated since it is a tranquilizer and it can be harmed. To pass up, you should follow the prescribed dosage by your own physician. And to think if your child is the one to consume those, then its better you opt for the home remedies of dry cough that takes care of his/her health.
The good news is that most of the required ingredients for this old ayurvedic medicine for dry cough may be there in your kitchen cupboard itself. If you come through a home remedy here that you would like to try, ask your doctor or the family physician what he thinks of it. If he tells you that he thinks it won’t hurt; give it a chance and try it. You may be amused at how much these simple notions can help to give your child or yourself at least some relief.
So it is better for you to avoid the factors that cause cough like smoking, inhalation of the microbes from the polluted air and avoid having any cough at all for you definitely want to avoid those anti-biotic if it worsens. Living lives a natural way with natural solutions is the best way ever and keeps you and your family members healthy and happy. So next time when you are sick or down with cold, don’t forget to use your own grand ma’s concoctions.