5 Benefits of the Kiwi Fruit
The kiwi fruit is the national fruit of China. It has a brown hairy covering and is a rich green color as a fruit. It has a high content of Vitamin C and Vitamin E. It is a natural blood thinner and it reduces the chances of blood clotting by18%.
The five benefits of the Kiwi fruit are:
- It avoids indigestion and stomach problems by aiding digestion.
- It helps to regulate the blood pressure and is seen to have lowered the blood pressure in high blood pressure individuals naturally.
- The glycenic index of the Kiwi fruit is only 4 and this avoids a rush of insulin which makes the fruit good for diabetics as it keep the blood sugar level low.
- The triglycerides in the body are reduced by 15% with the regular intake of the Kiwi fruit or the juice from the fruit.
- It is the edible berry of the wood vine ad this has given the fruit the properties to be able to protect the DNA from damage in an individual.
It is beneficial for health reasons because of the properties that the Kiwi is composed of. Per 100g of Kiwi fruit the composition of the fruit is:
- Energy 61 Kcal
- Carbohydrates 14.66g
- Sugars 8.99g
- Dietary fiber 3g
- Fat 0.52 g
- Proteins 1.14g
- Vitamin A equivalent Lutein Zeaxanthin 122 μg
- Vitamin B9 25 μg
- Vitamin K 40 μg
- Vitamin B1 0.027 m g
- Vitamin B2 0.025 mg
- Niacin 0.341 mg
- Vitamin B5 0.183 mg
- Vitamin B6 0. 063 mg
- Choline 7.8 mg
- Vitamin C 92.7 mg
- Vitamin E 1.46 mg
The minerals that are available in the fruit are:
- Calcium 34 mg
- Iron 0.31 mg
- Magnesium 17 mg
- Manganese 0.098 mg
- Phosphorus 34 mg
- Potassium 312 mg
- Sodium 3 mg
- Zinc 0.14 mg
This composition is in the green Kiwi Fruit, the golden Kiwi Fruit is of a lesser composition. A study by Collins, Hotten & Horsa has proved that the presence of anti oxidants is the reason that the DNA is protected from damage. The phyto chemicals are the reason that the nutrients in the Kiwi Fruit are able to provide health benefits where the improvements can be seen visibly almost immediately.
In one cup of serving the Kiwi Fruit provides 5 times the Vitamin C intake than the Orange. The Vitamin A content in the fruits keeps the bones, the vision and the teeth in good health and reduces the rate of macular degeneration in the body. The Vitamin K content in a Kiwi Fruit has twice the amount more than an Avocado has and the calories are half that of the Avocado. The Vitamin B range in the Kiwi protects the immune system and provides the nutrition to the body that assist in strong muscle tome and a lean figure. This fruit because of the mineral content and the natural vitamin content is excellent for developing fetuses and lactating mothers.
The Omega 3 fatty acids in the Kiwi seeds are known to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease that affect the entire body. It protects against respiratory problems such as asthma, wheezing and respiratory problems.
It is a tasty fruit that tastes quite like strawberries since it is vine berry itself. It contains 20 important nutrients that is necessary for the body and which is available in one fruit itself. It is a fruit that is affordable and available.